This blog is not intended for the General Public, But all blog readers are Welcome.

This is mostly Notes and Links for myself,
and maybe someday, this will provide insight and a bit of history for all the kids that call me Grandpa;
NutMeg, C-Kid, Z-Man, Lulu, and Dabbers,
I-Man and O-Man,
J-Man and S-Man,
Nat, A-Girl, and J-Boy.

For reference in this blog: Chip is my Son, and Carolyn is my Sister.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Well Pump and Water System

The Problem and Status

The well and pump has not been used in about 15 years, and it was not completely installed. The water pressure switch at the well needed to be hooked up, but was temporary while I was moving in.  The pressure tank is located in the Shop about 60 feet away - which is problem. The pump and tank are too far apart for proper operation - I had to restrict the well head flow to avoid "Slugging" within the feed water plumbing. Again, a temporary fix was to restrict the water connection to the pressure switch and install a rise pipe (an air chamber) at the switch. Now the pump can run full flow to the remote pressure tank.

As it turns out, this may be the final configuration (even though I may change the implementation) as this saves me from having to build a larger pump house to hold the pressure tank and then plan to heat it in the winter.  With this configuration only a small pump house will be needed.

The well is 160 feet deep and 8 inches in diameter  with a (poor) refill rate of 2 gal per minute. It does fill to about 20 feet from the top. The well can be drained in 30 minutes at 10 gal per minutes.  This is not much, but will be OK for my Hanger and Apartment.

It is nice to have reliable showers, bathroom and wash machine water.

I will live with the current configuration until summer.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment