This blog is not intended for the General Public, But all blog readers are Welcome.

This is mostly Notes and Links for myself,
and maybe someday, this will provide insight and a bit of history for all the kids that call me Grandpa;
NutMeg, C-Kid, Z-Man, Lulu, and Dabbers,
I-Man and O-Man,
J-Man and S-Man,
Nat, A-Girl, and J-Boy.

For reference in this blog: Chip is my Son, and Carolyn is my Sister.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hanger Doors

Problem and Status

After setting idel for the last 15 years the Large Hanger Door would not open reliablely. The up and down latching control relays would not latch to provide power for the door operation.

This was a real pain for the last 100 days as I was moving, manual holding in of the relays was necessary to operate the doors.  The door operation takes about a minute to open - hold the relay by hand was done on a ladder up about 10 feet.

I tried to trouble shoot the problem, but with the time available did not find or fix the problem.

Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours on ladders checking the door control circuits. And, as you would expect I found the problem the last place I checked - a blade connector was intermitting at on the relay delay circuit device.  A quick pinch of the clip connector fixed the problem.

The Doors works as normal from the connivance of the remote switch station near the doors.  This is GRAND!

-

No comments:

Post a Comment