This blog is not intended for the General Public, But all blog readers are Welcome.

This is mostly Notes and Links for myself,
and maybe someday, this will provide insight and a bit of history for all the kids that call me Grandpa;
NutMeg, C-Kid, Z-Man, Lulu, and Dabbers,
I-Man and O-Man,
J-Man and S-Man,
Nat, A-Girl, and J-Boy.

For reference in this blog: Chip is my Son, and Carolyn is my Sister.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

High Bay Lighting

Problem and Status

The High Bay Lighting is 15 years old and six of the 9, 300 watt bulbs, have burned out - what is more, the bulb elements are no longer available.

I have found "Outdoor 65 watt CFL" lights that may work for general lighting in the High Bay, they produce nice bright white light at 6500K and they are instant-on because of the ballast (I think). They are about $30 at the local build supply store.

The only real problem with them is they provide too much light at the Apartment level as they are at eye level while standing in the Apartment, a shade in that direction will be necessary.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment