This blog is not intended for the General Public, But all blog readers are Welcome.

This is mostly Notes and Links for myself,
and maybe someday, this will provide insight and a bit of history for all the kids that call me Grandpa;
NutMeg, C-Kid, Z-Man, Lulu, and Dabbers,
I-Man and O-Man,
J-Man and S-Man,
Nat, A-Girl, and J-Boy.

For reference in this blog: Chip is my Son, and Carolyn is my Sister.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Some High Bay Lighting Experiments

I purchased another Outdoor 65W CFL to try some shade experiments for the High Bay Lighting.  This is the second of what will be a minimum of nine if all goes well.

Jeff - KO7M - came by and helped me install the new light in the High Bay. Jeff operated the Forklift while I was up on the forks at the 21 foot level at the ceiling. He has never ran a forklift before, but is a quick study and all went well.

The thing that I wanted to try was using a  round "chimney rain shield" as a shade/reflector for the light.  With the test complete - I think it will work quit well.  The rain shield are about $11.00 online - I may be able to build something cheaper with normal sheet metal flashing.

The need for the shield is that it prevents a flood of light into the apartment at eye level - which is very distracting or worse.

Thanks, Jeff for the help

-

No comments:

Post a Comment